Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jalapeno Poppers Put Up In The Freezer

I finally got my Jalapeno Poppers made last night. Before I go any further into the details I have to mention one very important one.....always use gloves when cutting the peppers or your hands will be on fire for a LONG time.

So first I mixed all the ingredients up to stuff them and then worked on cuting and seeding them.

Filling:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mayo


Peppers:

Be very careful when halving and seeding the peppers!! USE RUBBER GLOVES and DON'T touch your eyes while you're working with jalapenos or any hot peppers!!!!! I did not follow this warning and my hands were on fire all night and they still have the juices on them this morning. I will never do this without gloves again!!

Cut off tops and slice in half lengthwise.
Clean out seeds.


They should look somewhat like this.

Stuff each half with the cream cheese mixture and place them on a cookie sheet in a single layer.



Next you can do this either of two ways.

1. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20-30 mintues or until bubbly and lightly brown.

2. Place cookie sheets with peppers into the freezer. Once they are frozen place them in a plastic container in single layers. If you want to fit all of them into one container put clear food wrap in between the layers. When you are ready to eat them place them on cookie sheets and cook as directed above.

I froze them and they are now in a container for a later time. Can't wait to try these!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment